Friday November 10, 2017
You’ve done it… made the decision to buy a new home. But now you have to get the process moving. Well, there’s no time like the present. Here are several reasons why buying a Skogman home NOW is a good idea.
- Interest rates are going up! And over time, as the Fed continues to raise interest rates, mortgage rates are expected to move up too. That will influence both how much home you can afford, as well as how much you’ll pay over the span of the loan. Think a one or two percent increase won’t affect your bottom line too much? Think again!
If you buy a $250,000 home with a 30-year mortgage:
- At 4.125%, you’ll pay $1,212 / month.
- At 5.125%, you’ll pay $1,361 / month.
That’s a difference of $53,640 over the life of the loan. Don’t waste your hard-earned money – lock in a lower rate today!
- Seasonal incentives. As the year winds down, we have move-in ready homes we need to sell. We’re currently offering $5,000 OFF our move-in ready homes in the Cedar Rapids area! Also, we will be raising prices on ALL of our homes at the beginning of 2018, so this is your last chance to lock in the lower price. If there’s a home or community you’re interested in, come in now to save big bucks!
- Industry-wide costs are rising. Throughout the homebuilding industry, the costs of materials and labor have been going up. This has a direct effect on home prices, and forces builders to try to balance our costs with a buyer’s ability to afford a home. Material and labor costs are wild cards at the moment, so we can’t predict the long-term ramifications. Buying a home sooner rather than later is advisable.
- Inventory homes shorten the wait. If you need to move quickly or want to be in your new home by Spring, one of our inventory homes may be a good bet. Take a look at the “Available/Move-in ready homes” page on our website. It just may be that the home of your dreams is quite literally waiting for you!
At Skogman Homes, we build homes and communities in some of the most sought-after locations in Cedar Rapids and Marion. The neighborhoods we select to build in are conveniently located near schools, shopping, and local workplaces, and fit a variety of lifestyles.
Come see for yourself! You are welcome to walk through our model homes, and talk to the sales associate about any questions or concerns you may have about buying a new home. We look forward to seeing you soon!