Thursday March 8, 2018
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or an empty nester, finding the right builder can be a challenge. Building a new home is one of the largest investments you’ll make in your lifetime, so it’s natural that you want to find the right fit. Here are some questions you should ask before choosing a builder.
- How many years have you been in business? Skogman Homes has been in business for 70 years. That’s FIVE generations of experience!
- Is your building process customer-friendly? Can you give me a timeline for when my home will be completed? We try to be forthcoming as far as our process and timeline are concerned. Our Building Process is clearly posted, so you know what’s happening when.
- What type of warranties do you offer? Skogman Homes offers an industry-leading 10-year warranty program. From the foundation to the roof, we have you covered. Skogman Homes also provides a 30-day and an 11-month walk-through with a Skogman representative to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Can I talk to some of your home buyers? Do you have model homes I can tour? At Skogman Homes, we always encourage prospective buyers to visit our models and talk to our existing homeowners.
- What’s your team like? Are they experienced? Are they knowledgeable? Courteous? Our team here at Skogman is a well-trained group of professionals who are committed to making your home building experience enjoyable & stress-free.
- Are you a good communicator? Will I be able to reach you with questions? How often will you contact me with progress reports? At Skogman Homes, your construction manager will be in regular contact with you regarding updates.
- How current are your floor plans? Do the homes reflect today’s lifestyles? Skogman floor plans have many of the features that today’s families want - open living spaces, lots of windows, porches, plentiful storage, energy-efficiency, etc.
- Are you a good business owner? Talk to local lenders, real estate agents, and suppliers to see how a builder is thought of within the community. Do they work well with others? Pay their bills on time? Skogman Homes prides itself on being a good neighbor. And we’ve been in business for a long time, so we must be doing something right!
Building a new home should be a positive experience. If you have any doubts, trust your gut. Having answers to these – and any other questions you may have – will help ensure that you and your builder are on the same page!